Monday, June 25, 2007

Traveling...sort of

First of all, I'd like to draw your attention to some new features of my blog. First, just under my banner you'll notice something that says "This week Greg:" This will be followed, weekly, by a description of where I am and what I'm doing that week. That way, you'll know whether I'm on the road or home, and if on the road where that road is taking me.

Second, just under my "About Me" section I've added a Mulletin Board - kudos and many thanks to my new friend Toffer (Now I know 2, though they spell it differently, but still - Weird!) for the idea. Since I see at least one mullet weekly, I'm going to do my darndest to get photos of the mullets I run across and I'll post them there.

Now, on to the real purpose of this post. I haven't really been traveling anywhere with my time off...except the Gateway, Provo, and the yearly migration to the Manti Pageant, but I have been taking trips down memory lane, and they've been filling me with laughter, so I'm going to post some pictures from my past (aaahhh!!!). Some of my favorite memories from the last few years, hopefully you'll all get a laugh out of my facial hair moments, my atrociously bohemian hair-do, and the fact that I'm making the same face in all of these pictures.

These are before and after pictures from my haircut. I was in a play called the Caucasian Chalk Circle (one of the worst shows I've been in BTW). We all had to grow out our hair and facials, thus the beard. When the play was over I decided to keep the beard and the long hair. I trimmed the beard to a goatee, and let my locks flow. Then I got an internship with Disney and had to lose the hair, so there it is. I'm not gonna lie - I kinda miss it. The hair, not the play.
















This is the Off the Cuff superhero show. I was White Boy - word to your mother! And I'm holding a rubber chicken - the rubber chicken of truth, in fact - complete with its own superhero cape. The other Off the Cuff pic is from our "Fashion Divas of the Future" Show. That's really the only explanation I have.







Me and Miss Emily Hyde looking hot for our dance concert. Yes, I own the suit.




















And this is a picture of me with a sculpture I made out of spare picnic supplies in the back of the Germany Pavilion at Epcot during one of my oh-so-productive cast survey shifts.








The last photo is of me and my goodest of good friends Tiffani. This was during the Caucasian Chalk Fiasco. We were facetiously trying to be hot, and ended up being absurdly so.




So, thanks for indulging me. I've got lots more pictures - me with a bright red satanic skull, me wearing the bottom half of a chicken-wire snowman, that one time I was Willy Wonka at the Elementary school, and of course the Butt dance (see the 'my video' link on my sidebar) - but I don't want to bore anyone, though it may, in fact, be too late for that. These were just some that brought a smile to my face, and will hopefully have the same effect on all of you.

7 comments:

Leah said...

I can't get over what a baby you look like in some of those earlier shots. Not like "Oh, go home and cry to momma, little baby." But, "Baby Face Barnett was seen hijacking a high speed...."

Leah said...

You can't post those kinds of videos when I'm so close to delivering a baby.

Anonymous said...

Honey, you need to indulge us ladies and grow out that hair and goatee again. They're effing HOT! :-D

P.S. Love the Mulletin. Almost peed I laughed so hard. Looking forward to more posts.

Greg D said...

Believe me, I would love nothing more, but my job won't allow it. Also, I'm getting a little thin on top, so I don't know that the hair would look quite as good...

Anonymous said...

wow, my sister said "effing" and "peed my pants." a side i've never known before.

greg! you're my favorite. post more pictures!

Greg D said...

Actually, that's a different Angie - one who would say things like 'effing' and 'peed my pants,' but it's funny to think about your sister saying those things...tee hee.

Anonymous said...

I love the conversations that take place in the comments section of this blog, and particularly that I am "The Angie Who Would Say Things Like 'Effing' and 'Peed My Pants.'" That's a good type of Angie to be.

And to keep the random conversation going, yay for Uncle Jesse and his mullet! :-D