Monday, June 11, 2007

Thank you for the music

I've come to the conclusion that my life is a musical. I really decided this quite some time ago, but it's been strongly reiterated lately. I read e-mails people send me, I read blogs, I have experiences and I think close to 90% of the time my reaction is a song.

The cast of the Golden Girls really does live in Miami. They came to dinner. Geriatric women with too much makeup and some seriously gaudy jewelry. I could do nothing but laugh.

I had a realization today - I'm a professional. People take things I say as credible information from someone who would know. This scares me a bit. I got a small glimpse of myself through someone else's eyes. I looked like a competent, intelligent, tenable source of counsel - it was a bizarre feeling to say the least.

I'm annoyed by screw-off shampoo caps.

Every once in a while we get a man at the women's conference. At these moments it's nice to have some fun. I therefore say things like "Well sir, you might feel a little out of place tonight..." One man tonight said, with a stoic, wide-eyed stalker face, "Oh no, I like it." He even had a molestache - creepy.

Perk of the day - hot tub access. And let me just say that some swim suits were never meant to be worn by some women.

1 comment:

Leah said...

From this day on, I vow never to use screw on cap anything: lotion, shampoo, condiments, beverages...Flip top or bust!