Friday, June 8, 2007

Spunk and a fruit cup

Dear Diary, Taylor told me a joke - what's do pirates and players have in common? - It's all about the booty.

As I walked down the isle of the conference room removing conference related debris from the classroom style tables, I pondered the meaning of it all. Suddenly the ballroom door opened and a weathered face, whose accompanying body was accoutered in pink, forced itself inside asking "Is this the right place?" This is a common question, so of course we responded in the affirmative. "Well," she brazenly queried "Why am I the only one here?" - "Maybe because your AN HOUR EARLY!" I felt like saying, but didn't...

I used my Spanish today. It's better than I thought it would be, though I had to struggle on through at points.

I met a very spunky woman who will turn 90 in February. This woman had such a zest for life. He was more alive and vibrant than many people I've met who are only in their 40's. I hope I'm a spunky old person.

It's raining. This causes the humidity to rise dramatically when combined with the temperature and has two very apparent effects on my immediate person - First my glasses instantly fog up whenever I leave an air conditioned region, and second I find it extremely difficult to breath *gasp gasp*

So, I think it highly amusing that my call for comments spawned 6 comments - 5 of them from one person - thanks Leah, you're my hero...and Dad, love ya!

We just got back from watching Ocean's 13. Good movie - much better than the second one.

3 comments:

Tara said...

No mention of MY comment...sheesh. And yet I still will comment on this blog. Why? Because I can and I love you :)

Anonymous said...

I have no doubt in my mind at all that you will most definitely be a spunky old person. :-)

Leah said...

It's not that I hearkened unto your call, just that I hadn't visited your little corner of webspace for a while. I'll give unsolicited comments any time, to any one - you should know that.