Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Have a dollar

So, I'll be having my second audition next week. If that goes well, I'm pretty much a speaker. This is exciting. 7 days, lots of memorizing, and it's all over.

Because of our random schedule, we had all morning to just have fun - which we really didn’t do, so I went for a walk. I found a nature trail at a Methodist church. It was refreshing and relaxing. The woods, the rocks, the bugs – I even saw a cardinal, but he escaped before I could take his picture. In my wanderings I also found a dollar store and took advantage of their low prices.

We were transferred to a non-smoking room for the remainder of our stay, and may I just say that I so enjoy having a hotel room that doesn’t reek of cigarette smoke.

After our event tonight we took our weekly trip to the Wal-mart. On our way there we stopped to verify our route with a young woman who was walking down the street. We inquired as to the location of a Wal-mart and she said, amidst her own laughter “You’re gonna follow this street down a ways, and then on the left – as in the left hand of God – you’ll find Satan.” We’re fairly certain that she was at least partially inebriated.

We’ve had a power outage, so I’m typing this in the darkness of my hotel room and with out the comfort of internet access. My battery doesn’t have tons of power left, so I’m hoping that the power comes on at some point during the night to recharge my computer. I’m having to brush my teeth by the light of my cell-phone – my how times have changed.

LANGUAGE ALERT

This story is perhaps a tad inappropriate, but too funny not to relate, thus I’ve saved it for the end of today’s entry – My manager received a phone call as we were stuck in traffic today. He thought it was a long time friend of his whose number always appears as ‘unavailable.’ He answered his phone by saying “What up bitch?” not realizing that it was actually the 60-year-old woman in the home office who is in charge of meals for our events. We nearly wet ourselves with laughter.

5 comments:

Tara said...

I love that the benefits of membership include free coffee! FANTASTIC!

Anonymous said...

HAAAA!!!!! :-D I've answered my phone inappropriately a few too many times to say things like that anymore. I love it! ;-D

Angie said...

Greg-are you trying to confound the world with your vocabulary? Luckily I have dictionary.com so I could look up the wood inebriated. Most people just say drunk. Why don't you?? ;)

Greg said...

I am in fact trying to confound the world. Besides 'inebriated' is so much more fun to say than 'drunk'.

Leah said...

I love the word inebriated, but perhaps she just really hates WalMart, as I do. The last time I went I saw not one but TWO employees leave the restroom WITHOUT washing! And a man I asked for help had a big schwock of chewing tobacco in his mouth! Fire, brimstone, and rolled back prices.