Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Vegetarian Dreams

Devious is a great word.

I met a man today who didn't have prehensile thumbs. His hands just looked like they had five fingers. It was awesome.

Here's what I don't get - (now this doesn't apply to today's meals, but in general) Those who get a regular, American, meat-eater's meal get a turkey croissant sandwich. Vegetarians always get something spectacular like a filling pasta dish. Who said that was ok?

Statement of the day comes from the chef of the hotel where we had our events. He was interested in finding out more about internet marketing because - "I'm tired of cooking for people." Great.

I enjoy chocolate way too much for my own good.

'Continental breakfast' consisted of muffins, apples, and oranges. I call that a complimentary snack. 'Breakfast' implies food and drink. At least make some juice available.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I share your love for chocolate and remind you that there is no such thing as "too much for [your] own good," when it comes to chocolate. I should quit typing before the chocolate fantasies take over.

Leah said...

At the obviously early 80's decorated Embassy Suites in Salt Lake City, you can peruse the fresh fruit, yogurt, cold cereal, or make you way over to the kitchen and get some made to order eggs, pancakes, hash brown, various breakfast meats, and even *gasp* french toast. I'll never stay at another hotel, if not for the breakfast, then for the sparkly peach and teal wall paper.