Wednesday, April 18, 2007

On wheat, please.

I just finished a book of over 300 pages in 3 days. This is my life. I do love it. It's so nice to have time for recreational reading. It really gets the brain going. I recommend it to one and all.

The fire alarm kept going off during lunch today. It's one of those old fashioned bell systems that one might here at a school. Loud, persistent, unstoppable - like Rosy O'Donnell at a Republican Caucus.

A pair of friends handed me their registration card tonight and I laughed a little on the inside. Their names were Benny and Han. So, maybe that's a little obscure, but it wouldn't be the first time.

I believe that hotels have come to an agreement that all conference room lighting needs to resemble ice in some fashion or another.































It's snowing in Calgary. Well, I suppose it's actually somewhere between snow and rain. Either way it's wet. And I as I sit here across the street from the local fencing club, I long to be hiking in the mountains of Switzerland during the summer. And perhaps taking a dip in a clear mountain lake clad in only with what Mother Nature saw fit to grace me.

I love being mistaken for hotel staff. Especially the look on the person's face when we reveal that we don't, in fact, work for the hotel.

After a buffet line that would rival Chuck-a-rama on Thanksgiving day, I was ready to leave the conference room. We went to a delightful restaurant called Joey Tomatoes. It's a Mediterranean grill. I had a piece of garlic toast that was roughly the size of a loaf of bread. It was a generous 2 inches thick, at the very least - delicious. The restaurant was also pleasantly filled with eye candy. A most spectacular dining experience.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah, skinny-dipping... Someday I will have the opportunity to do the same. :-)