Friday, April 6, 2007

Numberless Cocourses

We saw less than 30 people all day - all this means is that my paycheck for this week is going to be minimal at best.

Last night I had a terrible night's sleep. I kept waking up and my dreams were not conducive to restfulness. I hate nights like that.

For breakfast I had a banana and chocolate milk - that made things better. Chocolate milk often does.

I'm currently watching a show called "Mantracker" It's like someone gave Prince Humperdink his own TV show.

I've received several comments from people thanking me for persuading them not to come to Canada. I don't want to disparage Canada's reputation of beauty and recreational opportunities, but I will say this - just don't come to Winnipeg.

After lunch I took a walk. This probably wasn't the best idea, but I needed to have some time to think and clear my head. It was FREEZING! I would have gladly done some shopping, but today is Good Friday and all retail establishments are closed for the weekend. I walked around a mall that was open - all the shops were closed, but the building was open. I wandered around the streets of Winnipeg and didn't see much except some really bad public art. When I finally got back to the hotel I was literally in pain. It was that cold. However, the walk was refreshing and I felt better emotionally.

I saw another mullet.

Once a lonely caterpillar sat and cried, to a sympathetic beetle by his side "I've got nobody to hug, I'm such and u-ga-ly bug." It's been one of those weeks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When you wrote about the show "Mantracker," I was like "What? Mant-racker? What the heck is a Mant-racker?" ;-D