Friday, February 23, 2007

Balmy with a chance of traffic

Our previews today were in a different hotel than what was printed on people's invitations. This is a problem. Luckily the two hotels were only about 10 minutes apart, but from people's reactions you would have thought we were asking them to drive to Orlando. People have no understanding anymore. Everyone expects everyone to be perfect in the world, but also expects absolute mercy and forgiveness. Amazing.

A woman in leopard print shoes was excited about the fact that I was a Mormon. She praised BYU, and I enlightened her about the reality of the situation, and the U's obvious superiority. Actually I just told her about the friendly rivalry. She found this utterly entertaining.

I'm really enjoying myself with the two guys who are part of my team. I don't count the speaker because we're never with him and he doesn't work for the same company. My manager and the other sales rep are awesome though. We have a great time. I hope to work with them again.

This is my third week on the road and I'm out again the next two weeks in a row. I'm pretty excited about that.

A woman in a bright red knitted vest read my palm tonight. She told me that a change would be occurring in my life around three months before the end of the year and if there was any hesitation that I shouldn't do it, but if there wasn't any hesitation I should go for it. She also told me I'd be successful no matter what career I chose - highly entertaining. She was short.

Jack Frost was at our evening event. How cool is that? - pun intended! His name was actually Jack Frost. Rockin'.

After our evening preview we went out for food. We tried Wendy's, but we weren't able to get food because they closed 5 minutes early and were very rude about it. Wendy's was also closed, so we went to McDonald's. There was a Jewish man lying in a booth. He looked like he'd gotten into a fight with several ketchup packets, and the ketchup packets one. One of his shoes was lying askew on the floor with a french fry attached to it. We really wanted to know what the events leading up to the inebriated state of the man were.

I have to shave again tomorrow...it's like waiting for a root canal.

No comments: