Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Jumpsuit Frenzy

The huxtable sweater strikes again! This time donned by a woman with an eye patch. Perhaps a misguided pirate wench who got caught in the 80’s?

I’m in Miami this week. It should have been my week off, but my boss called up and asked if I wanted to work because they needed some help in Miami, so of course I said yes. Consequently I’m in southern Florida enjoying the GORGEOUS weather.

I had a first today. It was my first time shaving with a manual razor. I usually have an electric, but to my dismay I discovered that I’d forgotten to pack it, so I had to buck up and do it the old fashioned way. This is not an experience I’m excited to repeat, and yet I have no choice.

A woman came to the lunch event today who looked kind of like Catherine O’Hara in the latter half of ‘For Your Consideration.’ For those who haven’t seen it imagine squeezing the skin around your nose closer to the middle of your face while stretching your mouth beyond human endurance. Some serious plastic surgery taking place. I don’t think she could feel her face. She certainly couldn’t maneuver it very well.

I saw so many jump suits today I’m not quite sure what to do with myself. Light blue terry cloth, bright pink satin, MC Hammer pants. Miami has apparently never left the early 90’s.

My hotel has 3 phone books and 6 plastic cups but no way to make hot chocolate. Granted I’m in Miami and probably don’t need hot chocolate, but maybe I want some – which I do. There’s not even a coffee pot. What kind of Hotel doesn’t have a coffee pot in every room? I’ll tell you what kind – The Red Roof Inn. However, this Inn destroys my theory of cheap hotel=free internet. I’m without again. The only possible redeeming quality may be a continental breakfast, but due to an extreme dearth of information, I don’t know whether that will be happening either. But the hot tub is open past 10:30. Maybe I’ll go get some water from there for my hot chocolate…

I got a brownie today. :)

1 comment:

Tara said...

Palm trees. YOU have sun and palm trees.

What do we have? SNOW. BAH!!!