Sunday, February 11, 2007

The motherland

I don’t much care for changing time zones. However, on a positive note, airline food seems to be improving. The fare on the plane last night was exceptionally palatable – even if it was accompanied by a Russell Crowe movie.

After three weeks of working I think I’ve mastered the art of the security check-in at the airport. A skill few posses and even fewer execute with flawless grace. By the end of the summer I should have it down to an art form.

What is with the roundabouts? They dot the British countryside like the acne of a pubescent teenager. I will say that they were useful more than once on our journey today.

After ascertaining the locations of our conferences on a map it seems that we’ll be traversing nearly all of the British countryside. Today we drove nearly the entire width of the Island. In the course of the week we’ll travel from the east coast to the west coast and back again getting as far south as northern London and back up to Liverpool. None of that will make any sense unless one views a map of England. We flew into Manchester. Check it out.

I am again without free internet access (despite residing for the night in a Best Western) and heaven only knows when I’ll be able to access it once again free of charge. Thus my chronicles may be published in one fell swoop at the end of the week. Let us pray, however, for more favorable circumstances.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And you use good analogies.