Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Lemon Custard Tarts

Our presentations today will be held in a tent. Not unlike that used by the USF for the Tent of Terror. I feel like I'm in a Dr. Seuss book.

Today is Valentine's. I'll be celebrating about as much as I would were I home. Single Awareness Day for me! I will enjoy the company of a young lady tonight - as long as traffic isn't bad, we don't get lost, and we leave on time tonight. All of these things working to my benefit is about as likely as the Queen joining me and Mariah in our Valentine's escapades this evening. Stranger things have happened...

I tried Turkish delight yesterday. Not what I thought it would be, but not unpleasant.

Fashion feauxpas of the century - the euromullet. I still can't undrestand it. I've also seen in in Argentina - at least the wealthier parts. It was rampant during my time at Disneyworld and it seems the seas of this fashion disaster have yet to be quelled. As the author of a rather hysterical fashion disaster book observed - "Just because a fashion disaster comes back doesn't mean it's now ok, it just means it's back."

Every week I'm on the road I become more and more grateful for the Utah Indoor Clean Air Act, now if the Salt Lake Valley could establish an outdoor clean air act we'd be in business.

I think at some point in the future I'd like to get out of sales, this is of course after I begin speaking, and become a motivational speaker of some kind - perhaps establish a motivational speaking company. The options, I suppose, are endless. Only time can reveal the full fruition of this germ.

-----

After a blissful, yet brief, romp on the World Wide Web I find myself once again without internet access. I hopefully await the time when access will once again be granted, and if the Universe aligns that won’t be too long.

Valentine’s Day was less than romantic as a whole. I spent most of the day in a large tent with two married men. The night-time, however was spent in the company of a young lady friend of mine and was lovely. We shared pizza, pie, and refreshing conversation in my quaint, but clean hotel room in Swindon. I was able to meet Mariah around the time we had previously arranged. Luckily there was no construction, we left at a reasonable hour, and the road from Stevenage to Swindon was pretty straightforward...And the Queen sends her greetings.

I’m not eating well here in England. My mother will probably go into a frenzy of worry and concern for me when she reads this, but those are the plain facts of life. It’s not that I’m trying not to eat right, but I’m faced with two problems:
1 – The food in England is less than desirable. Consequently I find myself eating lots of dessert and candy because these are the things the British can do right.
2 – The price of food in England is nearly double the price found back in the States, not to mention that food is harder to find here. I end up eating what the hotel serves which is usually a sorry excuse for a sandwich, some sort of bizarre pasta salad, and an exquisite display of the properties of sugar. I’ll be glad to be home where normal food, and normal prices can be found.

No comments: