Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Miami - what?

In a random, and rather sudden turn of events, I will be spending the remainder of the week in sunny Miami. My boss called me up and asked if I could help out - I obviously said yes being that all I really had planned for the week was a movie club/birthday party (and extremely important, yet reschedulable rendezvous with a good friend). So I'll be having some more great adventures. Next week I'll be in the Bakersfield area of California.

On my way through the airport yesterday I saw a balding woman. I didn't think they actually existed, but this woman had a ponytail and a receding hairline. I almost wished for a camera at that moment.

Further down the airport I arrived at the point where you drop your checked baggage off so they can scan it for dangerous materials like weapons, anthrax, tabloids containing pictures of Brittany's new do, etc. The woman working there was two to three times my size. The man working there was about half my size - an interesting couple.

I've developed a system for rapidity in airport security. All one must do is wear easily removable shoes and put everything - watches, jewelry, phones, wallets, belts, spare change, small life forms etc. - either in your coat pockets or in your carry-on, beforehand. Then all you have to do is lay down your carry-on, quickly remove your shoes, and breeze through the metal detector. Just pray it isn't your turn for the random frisking which occurs at some airports.

I ate a Cinnabon. Mmmm.

I hate sharp turns in airplanes.

More from Miami.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I got harrassed by Hoover Dam security over the weekend. Apparently they thought I was a weirdo for forgetting that my belt has about 8,000 little metal studs on it-- but honestly, who thinks about their belt?