Thursday, August 2, 2007

Bay Area

I've made an interesting observation. On Monday I wrote, what I believe to be, my shortest post ever. It received more comments than any other post in my blog. Granted it had a picture of a really cool wallet, but even so...

So, my energetic and talkative Latin coworker is an interesting character study. He's lived in the United States for over 20 years, and yet still has a very thick accent and struggles with English. He's very gung-ho about life quite childlike. Everything holds such wonder for him. The tall trees, the swinging draw-bridge, the rivers and bays. When it's nearly midnight and I've been driving for nearly 3 hours it's kind of obnoxious, but it's also quite endearing. I think there's a lesson to be learned there.

Men with hairy shoulders should never wear tank-tops.

Today we were in Coos Bay. My aunt and uncle used to live in Coos Bay and I visited them when I was about 15...I think. I remember walking along the beach playing with sea anemones, shopping for driftwood art, and visiting a cheese factory. To my great dismay, I discovered that the cheese factory is now closed.

My diet this week has...well quite frankly it's sucked. It's really hard to eat well on the road.

3 comments:

Tara said...

I need to visit a cheese factory sometime...let's go together.

Unknown said...

I'm so sad that the cheese factory is closed. I'll never forget chocolate cheese.
P.S.- I love you, too. And I know I need to chill out.

Leah said...

Tillamook, Oregon has a great cheese factory. And the most beautiful beach (Rockaway) in the world (or Western US).

I'm still working on a prototype of a fur-shirt for those who wish they had back/shoulder hair. It would look like a wife-beater, but really be long sleeved and covered in hair. I just can't decide what to use. Alpaca? Maribou? Actual human back hair?