Friday, August 24, 2007

THE SUN CAME OUT!!!

I am a happy person. It's still hazy, but there are rays of actual sunshine penetrating the gloom - woot!

We have giant pillars in the middle of our ballroom today. This is not conducive to a successful seminar. Besides that, they're mirrored pillars, which is not conducive to successful interior design.

My speaker is allergic to poultry. This is ironic seeing as how all we ever eat are turkey croissant sandwiches.

We went to Wal-mart today, I was feeling a bit despondent while standing in line because it was taking FOREVER, but then I noticed that the woman in front of me was buying no less than 4 pairs of sensible granny panties along with a brick of pepperjack cheese. I just had to smile.

Holy cow, we were expecting about 125 people for dinner tonight, we ended up with about 160. CRAZY! It was extremely muggy and hot in the registration area, and my fingers are sore from writing name-tags.

What's the first thing that comes to mind when you hear the name Candi? One might think of a thin, well-endowed blond girl with skimpy clothing, and an even skimpier personality. After today I'll only think of a short overweight woman in leopard print sweat pants and sporting a full goatee. *shudder*

We were tired of turkey croissant sandwiches today, so we went to Texas Roadhouse. Love me some steak...and homemade bread...mmm...

Frances is a girl's name. Francis is a boy's name. Don't forget that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My Aunt Ann's real name is Frances. That is all. :-)