Saturday, August 4, 2007

Saturday is a special day

I love Saturdays - even when working. And maybe especially when working. I've probably mentioned it before, but on Saturdays we're done by about 2:30, and then we fly home. It's always an adventure.

Today we were running a little short on time, so our manager squealed the tires on the way out of the parking garage in his haste and nearly gave the woman across the street a heart attack. It was hilarious.

The most adventurous moment of my life up to this point - my phone died. Not the battery - the phone. I was happily communicating with a select number of friends and acquaintances when my phone froze. I think it was because of a picture someone sent me. Anyhow, I took out the battery and restarted my phone - this seemed to work just fine, then it froze up again, so I repeated the process, but this time to no avail. My phone would turn on, but that's about it. It just stayed on the startup screen. I luckily had enough presence of mind to call the Verizon people, after a lovely chat with the CSR guy he informed me that my phone has failed. I'll have to go get a new one probably Monday. So, if any of you have tried to contact me, or will try in the next day or so, I'm sorry for not answering. Blame it on Jeff and his Crocs.

5 comments:

Tara said...

Aren't the Verizon people nice? Well, I think they are. At least the people you call. The guys at the store? That's another story entirely...

Anonymous said...

My phone is completely crap too! At one point whatever button I pushed made the vibrator go off, and my phone was turned off!! The thing that sucks the most is that it started acting up again and the closest verizon store is in Tulsa, like 45 minutes away. Hooray for free crappy phones!

Anonymous said...

The tragedy!

Marla said...

Love your site Greg. sounds like you are having a wonderful summer. Love ya, Marla

Anonymous said...

seriously, you kill me! oh, and i saw that you have me as a link. that makes me feel special with warm fuzzies. you just earned yourself a link on my page. :)