Sunday, August 26, 2007

If I may...

So, a couple of note-worthy occurrences came to pass between the time I no longer had access to the internet and now.

First, on our drive to the airport from our last hotel - a drive which took a considerable amount of time - we traversed the roads of Amish country. Normally Amish folk are quaint and endearing, but this time especially so as we saw one young man speeding down the road on roller blades and a young woman, clad firmly in her apron and bonnet, cruising along on a razor scooter. Who'd have thought?

Second - after nearly three months I finally finished David Copperfield. What a great book. I recommend it to everyone! Seriously, it took me a while to get into it, but it really was a fantastic story. It had me in tears - not that that's hard to do.

Funny end to my week - we probably had a total of at least 25 employees on the same flight home from Atlanta. I guess it's a good thing the plane didn't go down.

2 comments:

Kristylee said...

If you ever find yourself in Amish Country again, eat at one of their restaurants... best home cooked meal you'll ever eat (away from home that is). How fun for you that you get to travel all over!

Anonymous said...

I decided long ago that if I ever find myself on Death Row, old Amish women will prepare my last meal for me.