Tuesday, August 7, 2007

"Flames...flames on the side of my face..."

So, Phoenix is hot...

Once, when I was little, I caught a snake and kept it in a bowl on my back porch, but it got out of the bowl and crawled away.

Being that we're in Phoenix I was expecting to see a lot of Latin people at our events. Today we didn't even have one - just lots of retired folks.

My new wallet and I are becoming quite close. I feel like I can tell it anything - right down to my credit card numbers, and I know they're safe! And it's all thanks to Tara. She's the one that found my wallet on eBay. Thank you Tara for uniting me with my wallet!

There's a trend happening with the English language that I rather appreciate. It's the trend of putting the word 'man' in front of everything - man-bag, man-capris, man-date, man-scaping. I like it. I own a man-bag, two in fact. This one has also been called a man-purse, and subsequently shortened to 'murse.' I own man-capris. I look forward to many future man-dates (For those of you raising your eyebrows at this point, a man-date is simply spending time one-on-one with a friend who happens to be a man. It's not courtship, it's friendship. And I think I may make a T-shirt - "Man-date: It's not courtship, it's friendship") And I was thinking of getting my eye-brows waxed. I don't particularly care about those sorts of things most of the time, but I thought it might be fun to do once. Though I don't know how much fun it will be to rip the hair out of my face...

The later a person shows up to our seminar, the less likely they are to have their form completed. It's a scientifically proven fact.

I've been snacking on dried fruit. It's rather addicting.

Did I mention it's hot in Phoenix?

4 comments:

Tara said...

Wow, I feel so flattered that you'd give me such an amazing shout out--its delightful. And what the...well, you know...is the snake story about? I give you two enthusiastic thumbs up on the Random Meter for that one.

chedner said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kristylee said...

Can I get some points if I know what movie the headline is from? That's the whole reason I read this one.

Anonymous said...

Oooooh-- now that there's a comment that has been removed by the blog administrator it makes me desperately want to know what it was. Hopefully it wasn't one of mine. ;-D