Thursday, August 23, 2007

Blue Skies

I haven't seen the sun in 4 days. I can't live like this.

I finally got some free time today, so I went to the mall - it's right next door to our hotel. Not a very good mall, but a mall nonetheless. I wandered, grabbed a cinnamon pretzel, perused the clearance racks and left. Refreshing, but unproductive. Except that my health coach told me I should get 10,000 steps in per day, and this helped with that.

My phone is acting up. I got the replacement from the one that broke a couple of weeks ago, but this phone has a mind of its own. I think it's become sentient. It randomly switches into car kit mode. I don't know how it happens, and I don't know how to switch it out. There's nothing in any menu on my phone that indicates the phone even has a car kit mode. When it's in this mode I can't make calls and none of the alerts work. My phone apparently also has a sense of humor because it decided to switch into to car kit mode in the middle of my nap, so I missed my alarm. There's nothing on the Verizon website that is anywhere near helpful, and even the owner's manual is painfully silent on the subject. I'm at a loss.

-----

I called Verizon. They're sending me a new phone. Apparently car kit mode isn't really something the phone is supposed to do. And when it does it randomly, like mine is, that's not a good thing. At least I won't lose all my contacts this time.

I got a hole in my sock. I hate it when that happens.

I could really go for a cinnabon, or a cold stone...mmm...

I'm a little amazed at how my life has changed since I started this job. In the beginning I was alone and friendless, so I enjoyed working and tried to work as much as possible. At this point I have friends and family at home - friends and family that I rather enjoy - and I want to be home so I can enjoy their company. But I must work. I guess that maybe it's a good thing I won't be speaking. It'll give me a chance to find something more home-based. They say the Lord works in mysterious ways, I just wish it wasn't as mysterious just trying to live.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ah the car kit virus, I believe I had a phone once that did that. Just remember...Verizon is the Lord's network. Also remember: While you're on the road we miss you too. See you in a few days!