Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Burgenburgerburg

I think Pennsylvania should change its name to Burgville, or Townsburg, or the State of Burg. I think every city here is a burg - Harrisburg, Gettysburg, Chambersburg, Burgettstown...

The following is a trip down memory lane, if it was an actual occurrence in my week, you would not receive a disclaimer:

In high school a girl in my school adapted an SNL skit into a humorous interpretation which she performed for various competitions. It was rather funny. I was spending some quality time with a friend recently and felt it appropriate to quote said skit thusly "I love you you know." I laughed and then had to explain the source. I watched the skit today and it's just funny, so here's the video. Mike Myers and Nicole Kidman in the skit of the hyper hypo.




Also, my friend Joe made a comment on a previous blog in reference to one Roger with regards to whether or not it is, in fact, possible to pull off a mustache. This is a picture of Roger. Weigh the evidence and judge for yourself.



Fact: The last time I checked my text inbox I had four new messages. Who doesn't feel good after that?

We were in Gettysburg this afternoon. What a quaint little town. We were only there for lunch, so we didn't have any time to explore or wander. I did see the town from the car window, and I was completely enchanted. The hotel at which we did our seminar was built in 1797. It used to be a bank, now the vault is a dining room. It was rather charming.

Quote of the day: "It's hard to work on my language when life keeps placing stupid people in my path." I won't quote the source, but they know who they are and are free to out themselves in a comment if they so desire. All I know is that this made me laugh out loud today.

3 comments:

Topher and Carma said...

As for mustaches, you wouldn't believe some of the staches down here in Okie. One of my professors had a stache that was longer than the hair on his head. I' see if I can get you a picture.

Tara said...

If you could see me, you'd know there's a big smile on my face after reading your blog. Big smile... =D

Anonymous said...

Highly enjoyable, once again. :-)