Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Aaarrgh!!!

Fer those who miss'd it, today were Nation'l Talk Like a Pirate Day yaarrgh! And here's hopin' ye didn't miss it ye lilly livered land lubber's and languid lugubrious lollygaggers! AAARRGH!!!

Our hotel doesn't have an exercise room, so I went running outside this morning. It wasn't cold enough for sweats or a jacket, but I could still see my breath, it was odd.

There seems to be an infusion of Slavic folks around these parts. Who knew the East Coast would be so popular with them?

A rather rambunctious lady today insisted that I wear a name tag. I have a company-provided name tag, but I don't know where it is at the moment. I told her I would make myself one at the first available moment. I walked past her table again after a few minutes and she was rather disappointed to see that I still hadn't donned one. She gave me hers to wear with a challenge that I wear it for the remainder of the day (a total of about 20 minutes) which I did.

I had the most entertaining walk this afternoon. We're in a town called Northampton Massachusetts, it is, in short, delightful. There are about 4,528 cafes and restaurants strewn pell-mell about the city. I don't know how any of them survive. Today's walk was a bit different than yesterdays. More urban, and I listened to my up-beat workout playlist as opposed to Nora Jones, but it was equally uplifting. I noticed a lot of highly amusing things as I was meandering the streets: Three girls crossing the street while walking in sync, liberals flung willy nilly in coffee shops and on monument steps discussing why president Bush is the worst thing to happen to America since synthetic fiber, I even saw a pirate. I found one of the most fantastic vintage shops in creation and bought a sweater vest. I also bought a Venus fly trap which, with my cousins approval, will most likely adorn some nook or cranny of our condo. The following are items I didn't buy, but nonetheless made me laugh:

Ok, Huggy Jesus. And it's only $3.99. Maybe it's sacreligious, but it's hilarious!


Now this one just kills me. Battling unicorns. "Little Princess" vs. "Destructicorn" I mean, wow. I'm trying to decide which part of this is the funniest. The names, the fact that "Little Princess" and "Destructicorn" are written in the same girly font, the fact that they're trying to make the black unicorn badass by adding a skull tattoo to its haunches, the fact that Destructicorn also has a rainbow, but it's an evil rainbow, or maybe it's just the fact that someone actually thought this up and put it into production. It's all just so absurd that all you can do is laugh.


Oh my it's been a good day. I had roast beef and carrot cake for dinner, I finished HP5 and have now started HP6 which I should have finished by the time I get home Sunday thus allowing me to finish it all up with HP7 next week. The rest of the week looks promising, at least for my sanity. Work hasn't been so hot, but it's hard to care when you just don't care.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ha! I'm so glad you bought a venus fly trap, I almost bought one for our kitchen yesterday. You just saved me the trip back to the store. I would be more than happy for it to adorn some place in our lovely little happy home.

Anonymous said...

Destructicorn's creator is my hero. :-)

Launi said...

*comment lost in unstoppable chortling*