Friday, September 21, 2007

There's a piper down!

Friday...that means just one day left. For some reason I am especially anxious to get home this weekend. I hate feeling anxious. Uncertainty and I don't get along so well. Bleh.

I like granola bars...and sandwiches.

I'm having a rather serious dilemma - I'm about to the middle of HP6 and I'm trying to decide if I just want to plunge on through, or if I want to save some for the plane ride tomorrow. What to do, what to do...

Pop-rocks.

A woman came today dressed entirely in blue. She had a beret and her shirt had polka-dots. I laughed inwardly.

One of my favorite things in the world is when old people can't hear themselves talk so they don't realize that the volume of their voice is about 18 decibels above where it should be. Cracks me right up. It does make for some awkward situations, but there's always humor in awkwardness.

The organizers we give out as free gifts are pictured in people's invitations with a cell phone and a PDA, this is to show what one can carry in the organizer. I think it's funny when people are upset that they're not receiving a cell phone and/or PDA (like any company would actually give those things out to everyone for free). What's funnier is when people find out that the organizer comes with a free calculator and are completely appeased.

2 comments:

Janell R. Cropper said...

I saw a random fact the other day that reminded me of you. It said that the worlds largest brown was seven and a half feet by fifteen feet and weighed 240 pounds.

Tara said...

"there's always humor in awkwardness." True enough. You've just got to be easy going enough to find it :)