Tuesday, September 25, 2007

New...really?

I hate it when you're obviously in the middle of something i.e. reading, or browsing important sites on the internet, and someone feels it would be prudent to strike up a conversation. What's that all about really?

So my manager is totally cracking me up! This is going to be a great week. For those of you who've seen it, he keeps quoting the shoes video (let's get some shoes, betch) and it's just making me laugh.

Lunch today was rather delightful. My manager and I took a stroll along the boardwalk and ate a fried lunch in the shadow of a rather large private yacht. The weather was gorgeous and it was a pleasant respite from the constraints of the brightly carpeted ballroom.

I finished HP7. Loved it.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - I love the word ducky.

I think bright red lipstick is an awesome and absurdly underused fashion statement.

Our GPS unit is nearly useless this week. If you miss a turn (which is easy to do since it says things like "turn left" in the middle of the freeway) it sends you on the most hairbrained and random route recalculations. Today we traveled 10 miles out of our way just to turn right back around and head the way we came. Useless I tell you!

I think when a hotel has a slogan that uses alliteration, that's a bad sign. Tonight we're staying in a hotel called the Heather Hotel: Famous for Fabulous Food. It looks like a cross between a small town diner, a sea shanty, and a lumberjack lodge. Trouble.

On the upside I had the most wonderful piece of cheesecake with dinner.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Fabulous coworkers always make the time spent at work go by quicker, I think. Oh, and I vote we make September 25th "Eat Fried Food in the Shadow of a Yacht Day" from here on out.

Tara said...

"Ducky" is just so profoundly British I can't help but adore it.

"I'm British. We only show affection to dogs and horses." BWA HA HA HA!!!

Anonymous said...

When I grow up and own my own restaurant, I will be seriously disappointed if it DOESN'T look like a cross between a small town diner, a sea shanty, and a lumberjack lodge.