Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Unlike any other

I shared a room with my speaker last night. This is a rarity as the speaker usually gets their own room, but since we're staying at Paul Bunyon's Sea-Shanty Hideaway there was only one non-smoking room, so the two of us shared and the manager braved the world of smoking rooms. Point being that my speaker said he was going for a jog this morning and I saw him leave the room in his crocs. I was going to just laugh out loud, but then he came back. I guess he just went to his car to get his exercise clothing because he then proceeded to change into his running shoes.

Last night I dreamed I was Harry Potter, but I didn't do anything exciting. I think maybe I was actually just myself with Harry's wand. I used it to open stuck drawers, make ceiling fans go faster, etc. Then my dream shifted and I was backstage watching a musical that was some weird mix between Hairspray, Wicked, and Thoroughly Modern Millie - bizarre.

Another anomoly occurred today. We didn't have to work. Instead we had a 5-hour drive across Nova Scotia. Along the way we saw lots of trees, almost lost a projector, and my manager was nearly verbally assaulted by a woman who was a few crayons short of a full box. It was fun, and Nova Scotia really is beautiful. I like driving in the day rather than at night.

Toward the end of our drive we stopped at a place called Lewisborough Fortress. It's a French stronghold from the 1700's. To actually go to the fortress one must pay $17, so we just sort of looked around the little visitor's center and then left. It was rather anticlimactic.

I went to spend a relaxing half-hour in the hot tub this evening and ended up spending a rather mediocre 20 minutes in the luke-warm tub instead *sigh*. When I got back from my less-than-spectacular relaxation rendezvous I took a quick shower and noticed that I still have an odd tan-line on my back from a trip to the beach in June when the smearer of my sunscreen did a less-than-spectacular job.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When I grow up and make my own musical, I will be seriously disappointed if it DOESN'T seem like some weird mix between Hairspray, Wicked, and Thoroughly Modern Millie.