Thursday, September 6, 2007

Kansas City, Cheifly

We're staying on the 25th floor of the downtown Raddison, consequently my ears pop every time I go up to my room. I've also discovered that the fire exit stairs are rather dusty, which would most likely prove disastrous in the event of an actual escape from a fire.

My job, as much as I'm not entertained or uplifted by it, provides an endless supply of priceless moments, like Carol the circus lady (who came back today, BTW), the bra-less wonder, and the "Son-of-a-bitch!" guy. Today that moment came in two forms. First the old man who put in his dentures while walking through the doorway of the ballroom. I had to turn around and walk away to keep from laughing at him. And second, the girl at the front desk. I was chatting with her in my free time and she mentioned something about leather clothing (she's a model on occasion and sometimes gets free clothes.), she said "I mean, I look good in leather, but it's not my thing." So funny.

I think the quality of a sandwich is directly proportional to its ability to fall apart. The less secure the contents of a sandwich are, the better it will be. This is a time-tested, and proven theory. That's why Carl's Jr. commercials work.

We had Cheesecake Factory for dinner. Consequently my my mouth enjoyed - while my GI tract was pummeled with - a brownie bottom cheesecake. Mmmmm...

Two more days...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My sandwich at Paradise last night was indeed...falling apart. Huzzah!

-Tara

Anonymous said...

MMMMMMmmmmm...... Falling apart sandwich........

I'm going to go get some lunch now. :-)

Leah said...

Please tell me you ate the avocado egg rolls at the cheesecake factory. That will be my last meal before I am executed.