Tuesday, September 4, 2007

MO shizzle!

I love things that make me laugh. This morning's things - two commercials I saw while exercising. The first was the Herbal Essences commercial with the biker guy. The other was a Shout commercial where washing machines are launched, quite violently, from various parts of suburban dwellings. I just laughed out loud.

Today our events were held in an old mansion. I honestly felt like I was on the set of "Gone With the Wind." I had to keep reminding myself that I was, in fact, still in Kansas. A very Dorothy-esque sort of afternoon. The most incredible part is that the mansion was inhabited until the 70's. Pretty cool.

I love Target. I don't know how often I can say that.

My manager is probably the craziest driver I know. He's from Chile. I don't know if that has anything to do with his complete lack of smooth driving skills, but I have to blame something. I think he forgets there's a break pedal until it's almost too late for it to be effective.

I think I've officially reached the point where I would rather pay for every meal on the road than endure another turkey croissant. I believe this is a milestone.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the washing machine commercial! Don't worry, if we have the need to launch ours we'll have a balcony to launch it from. Good times.

Anonymous said...

I see a commercial-- I think it's for gum-- that makes me think of you every time I see it. It's a guy at the airport security check and as he takes off his jacket and shoes and belt and things for the metal detector/x-ray machine, there are rave lights and dance music playing and it's like he's stripping. I always hope that you do things like that on your airport adventures. :-)

Also, I feel the same way as you do regarding turkey croissants, only my loathing is for chicken fajitas. Fifteen Orientation days this summer, each of them with the exact same menu every single time. Blech. :-(

And, on an unrelated note, I sure do love you. :-D