Thursday, September 27, 2007

Noba Scocha

Ok, I thought it was going to be an amazingly great week, but it ends up that I'm totally sucking at life. I'm blaming Canada. Happens every time.

In other news, I took a delightful walk this afternoon. My walks have been rather consistently delightful as of late, and I enjoy that. My manager and I strolled along the edge of the harbor in the brisk autumn air and it was just refreshing. Nice to get out of the hotel, even if only for a moment.

There are far too many people in Nova Scotia with last names that start with either "Mc" or "Mac". McNeil, MacKenzie, McLeod, Macintyre, Maclennan, McLaine, McKinnon. It's Mclame!

The key cards in this hotel are atrociously unreliable.

I went for another walk this evening. It's a bit cold outside, but it was nonetheless delightful. I sat on the small boardwalk and stared out at the harbor contemplating my life and the frustrations I'm currently feeling (I just found out that I'm probably working again next week...and in Canada) and it was good. I'm feeling better and I guess I just have to deal with it. I love the flexibility of my schedule, but I'm not such a fan of its unpredictability, or the fact that I have to spend extended periods of time in Canada. I think in life I just want to have my cake and to eat it too, but as far as I can tell, that's the purpose of cake.

Several quotes that have made me laugh today, all from one Eric D. Snider (view his entirely entertaining and hilarious collection of writings here):

"I can say I have stood at the precipice of hell because I have heard Rosie O'Donnell and "Sesame Street's" Elmo sing "Do You Hear What I Hear?" (If what you hear is a brass-voiced Gorgon dueting with a shrill sock puppet, then yes, we are hearing the same thing.)"

"My attitude toward spiders is similar to my attitude toward ballerinas: I am in awe of your natural beauty and flawless instincts, but if you come in my house I will kill you."

"Nothing good ever happens when people squat."

5 comments:

richbarn said...

Unfortunately flexibility and unpredictability seem to go hand in hand eh. Take "Off the Cuff" as a prime example. If by some chance you find a carrer that offers both predictability and flexibility jump all over it. In the meantime have a piece of cheesecake AND a brownie, sigh loudly and press on. Love ya' DAD. Oh by the way speaking of brownies, the Great Harvest Bread Co. by your new condo has the most killer brownies EVER!

Tara said...

Canada again next week?! This is sad news indeed. On a happier note, I bought new shoes. They're plaid...and delightful.

Anonymous said...

Your blog is McFunny as all get out. And I can say that because I am not, in fact, a ballerina.

I'm Batman said...

Chief?..McCloud!

Unknown said...

When all else fails, blame Canada.