Tuesday, September 18, 2007

It was so cold! - How cold was it?

I love free brownies.

Our morning crowd was fairly mainstream. They all seemed like average people. That's kind of weird.

I went on the most invigorating walk this afternoon. It's a lovely day outside. Warm, but with a touch of pre-autumn coolness in the air. The scenery was gorgeous. I strolled along a winding, tree-lined road while listening to Nora Jones and just thoroughly enjoyed myself. Of course the brownie I ate before my walk certainly helped.

I found out this morning that I'll be on the road again next week. I have mixed feelings about this. It'll certainly be good for my wallet, but that means I'll be gone from home for another full week, I won't have a chance to settle into my new home, I won't see my friends for another week, and I won't be able to talk or text because I'll be in Canada. meh.

I wonder sometimes if people are listening to me. Or if they are listening to me, why don't they believe me? Twice today I had to explain something at least three times to the inquiring party. They asked the same questions, I gave the same answers. I wasn't speaking in tongues or using some sort of demented slang, I was speaking plain, very understandable English, yet they were still confused. I don't get it.

5 comments:

richbarn said...

The reason they didn't understand you is for the very simple fact that (drumroll please) YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID!

Leah said...

It's funny that sometimes we get depressed when there are no freaks around.

I'm Batman said...

This just reminded me that I saw a Ms. Kerilee Bertelson the other day. Denny's+Root Beer+Sugar packets+salt to counter act the sugar= priceless entertainment.

Unknown said...

You will be missed here in your extra week away. Just remember that you have (almost) your own home to come back to. Oh, and I'm convinced that people in general are incapable of listening for more than about 30 seconds at a time. This includes myself.

Anonymous said...

This is not a comment about your blog-- this is a comment about this week's mullet watch family picture. That just made me pee a little. Well done, ye scurvy dog. P-)